Monday, May 5, 2014

!!Fiesta!! (on a budget)

After my sister posted this photo of our Cinco De Mayo party last year:
I decided I needed to buck up and be fun again!

Sometimes being fun AND on a budget can be difficult, but never fear my friends, it can be done!!
How does a Mexican Fiesta for less than cinco dollars sound??

Here's how I did it.
(NOTE: Most of what I used, I already had...so get creative with what you have sitting around the house!)

1. Go to the Dollar store. 
Get yourself some construction paper, mustaches, and tissue paper

2. Cut the construction paper into whatever shape you want for a banner, and using sharpies or crayons, decorate your banner! 
3. Hang banner using either string or tape. (I used some Washi tape I had)
4. Cut little triangles from remaining construction paper to use as confetti!
5. Fold tissue paper into flowers. (I used THIS tutorial)
6. Set the table, whip up some salsa, quesadillas, rice & beans, and WHAM BAM!
You have a fiesta. 
 Best Salsa recipe...Ready?

1 can diced tomatoes 
(i like a little kick, so i use the tomatoes with jalapeno's)
Minced garlic
Lemon juice
Seasoning salt
Onion powder
Cilantro 
Garlic salt

Put all in blender and blend to desired texture/thickness.
I don't have any specific measurements...but I used about 1 tsp of the garlic, then just added the rest a little at a time, and taste tested as I went. Make sure you have a bag of chips close by :)
Yum!


Thank you Tyler, for humoring me and joining my fiesta!! :)




Happy Cinco de Mayo!!!






No comments:

Post a Comment