Sunday, March 9, 2014

#campwedding2014 - Details

Originally, we planned on having a very small reception, so I thought it would be fun to just have it in my parents backyard. Simple and cozy. 

After beginning to make our lists of friends and family we wanted in attendance, Tyler & I realized we are a lot more popular than we thought! Our small gathering quickly turned into a bigger party, but we were both fine with that. We wanted to make sure all of our friends and loved ones were there to celebrate this happy day with us! 
I decided I still wanted to host it in the backyard, to give it the more intimate feel I was originally planning. We called in our good friend Marlene Jolley, (check her out HERE) and after giving her an idea of what I wanted, she turned the backyard into the most magical vintage-y wonderland. It was even more perfect than I could have ever imagined! 






 Flowers (including my bouquet) by Vickie Sorensen




As for food, I wanted to keep it simple, so I copied the best reception I've ever been to (my bestie Reagan) and we had a "cookie bar"! 15 different types of deliciousness followed by Chocolate, Strawberry, or Plain milk. Mmmm! 
Side note: check out that cake. ADORABLE, right?! Made by the ever-so-talented Mandy Powell at Sassy Cakes. And not only was it pretty, it tasted amazing. Double whammy!

Thank goodness for talented and willing friends. Without help from the ward and different family friends, none of this would have been possible….so THANK YOU!
 We are so blessed!!

No comments:

Post a Comment