Monday, March 2, 2015

One year down...

The weekend of February 15th marked our one year anniversary! 
We both had agreed that we wouldn't do anything for each other for Valentines/Anniversary weekend...but I decided you only have 1 first anniversary, so I took matters into my own hands. 
(SPOILER ALERT: this was a terrible idea.)

I heard about a cute little place up in Pinetop where you could rent cabins surrounding a lake. There were boats to take out, fishes to be caught, and all around beautiful scenery to be enjoyed. I looked it up...and to my dismay it was booked. But down on the bottom of the web page I saw "Visit our Sister Campus, Lazy Oaks!" so I clicked the link and found Tyler and I a cozy little cabin to stay in for the weekend. From the pictures, everything looked great! The cabins didn't look at all bad, there was a beautiful lake, the options of boats and fishing were still available...what could go wrong?!

Friday rolls around and I left Tyler a note on the garage door to re-pack his bags when he got home and get ready for a great weekend get-a-way! As soon as I got home from work, I packed up the bikes, made sure Tyler had what he needed, and after a stop for dinner at Rubios, up the canyon we went to Pinetop/Lakeside! We arrived at Lazy Oaks a little past 10 pm. I went and found the key to our cabin, and after we  got our bags out of the car, we stepped inside.

I'm pretty sure this "cabin" was once a trailer. I'm also pretty sure it was made in the 60's. The floors were leaning, it smelled like an old folks home, and when I turned down the bed there were hairs all over the sheets. (and not just hairs from someones head...yucky!) I didn't know whether to laugh, cry, go home, or find a hotel. 

So, of course, lost it. Here I was, trying to do something nice for my hard-working husband and it was a total failure. Tyler luckily had a bottle of Lysol in his bag, so after deciding we would just stay the night since it was already so late, we sprayed down the sheets and reluctantly climbed into the bed. Now, the heater was on the other side of the cabin, and we couldn't figure out how to warm up the bedroom. So we just snuggled in nice and close and tried to keep warm while trying not to touch any more of the bed than absolutely necessary. HA! What a night!


Needless to say, I probably won't be planning any more surprise vacations for a while. 




Back in the comfort of our level floors, clean sheets, and warm house, we enjoyed spending the rest of our anniversary weekend together. I sure love my husband, he is so patient and kind, and takes such great care of me. I honestly don't know what I'd do without him! 

Here's to one year of marriage!
May the rest of our years be filled with just as many lovely memories. ;) 


No comments:

Post a Comment